EXCELLENCE , INTEGRITY, EFFICIENCY
Top New York City
Personal injury lawyers
Joseph T. Mullen, Jr. & Associates is a full-service New York City personal injury firm, that specializes in all areas of personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death law, as well as all other legal matters. Our resources and scope enable us to take on even the most complex cases for our clients. We believe in treating clients with respect and compassion, and zealously fighting for the highest possible fair compensation.
Who We Are
Choosing a lawyer to represent you when you sustain an injury can be challenging. Most people — including many of our clients — have never required the expertise and services of a lawyer. Many people are hesitant to consult an attorney. They may be intimidated, or they may not know what a lawyer can do for them, or they may be worried about paying the legal fees.
The attorneys at Joseph T. Mullen, Jr. & Associates are here to expertly guide you through the legal process and recover fair compensation for any wrongdoing you have suffered, more often than not on a contingent fee basis — if we not do recover money for you by verdict or settlement, you do not owe us any money.
We have recovered in excess of $350 million dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients over the past 35 years. Our attorneys have almost 100 years of combined legal experience.
One of the biggest advantages of hiring Joseph T. Mullen, Jr. & Associates is their power to hold insurance companies accountable for the wrongdoing their insureds have brought about, the injuries you sustained and your pain and suffering. Our dedicated attorneys possess the knowledge, skills and resources to hold the responsible persons or entities accountable and to obtain justice for you.
New York City Personal injury lawyers
If you are injured and need a personal injury attorney in NYC, contact Joseph T. Mullen, Jr. & Associates today. We can help you decide if you should move forward with a claim or not. Our highly skilled and dedicated attorneys will review all the facts surrounding your potential claim and advise you whether you have a case or not. The goal of our attorneys is to ensure that you receive full and fair compensation for the injuries caused by negligent persons or entities.
Since 1984, the firm of Joseph T. Mullen, Jr. & Associates has focused almost exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice cases to obtain justice and full and fair compensation for our clients who have sustained injuries or died as the result of:
Personal injury lawyers
Medical Malpractice attorneys
SAMPLE VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
- $5,500,000 settlement during trial for parochial school students who were exposed to teacher with Tuberculosis
- $4,000,000 settlement for construction worker who sustained bilateral ankle fractures requiring open reduction and internal fixation
- $3,825,000 settlement for wife and children of September 11 World Trade Center victim whose remains were never recovered (pro bono representation)
- $3,800,000 settlement in medical malpractice action for brain-damaged baby with cerebral palsy and seizures resulting from oxygen deprivation to and water on the brain at birth
- $3,500,000 settlement for three sisters who were sexually abused by another foster child in the foster home after being placed in foster care by the city of New York
- $2,400,000 settlement after trial and appeal for union electrician who sustained partial amputations to fingers on both hands when 800 pound spool of cable broke free while being lowered down stairs with make-shift rope pulley — expanded the coverage of Section 240(1) of the Labor Law to include “force of gravity on objects” in addition to falling worker/falling object cases
- $2,225,000 settlement for pedestrian struck by motor vehicle resulting in 26-day coma, skull fracture, traumatic brain injury, numerous fractures and impaired cognitive and perceptive functions
- $1,800,000 settlement for construction worker who fell from scaffold and fractured forearm and wrist requiring 3 surgeries and internal fixations
- $1,700,000 settlement for construction worker who fell off ladder and required spinal surgery with internal fixation that failed
- $1,450,000 settlement for construction worker who fell through unprotected skylight on roof sustaining arm and leg fractures
- $1,240,000 settlement for 18- year old as the result of medical malpractice in failing to diagnose cancer
- $1,000,000 settlement for construction worker who fell down debris-filled staircase at construction site with no handrail resulting in neck surgery, back and hip injuries
- $1,000,000 settlement for passenger in motor vehicle that was rear-ended resulting in spinal surgery with fusion and internal fixation
- $950,000 settlement for passenger on interstate bus involved in a collision resulting in traumatic brain injury
- $875,000 settlement for children of mother who died as a result of failure to diagnose and treat Crohn’s Disease
- $745,000 settlement for motorcyclist struck by NYPD vehicle resulting in hip and ankle fractures, both of which required open reduction and internal fixation
- $700,000 settlement for pedestrian who slipped and fell on sidewalk that was not properly shoveled/treated after ice and snow storm resulting in severely comminuted and displaced right arm fracture requiring open reduction and internal fixation and additional surgeries
- $500,000 settlement for tenant of apartment building who tripped and fell while descending stairs that had just been mopped resulting in fractured left shoulder and multiple surgeries
- $500,000 settlement for home healthcare worker who tripped and fell due to mis-leveled elevator resulting in closed head injury, impaired cognitive functions, neck, shoulder and back injuries
- $390,000 settlement for passenger in Police Department van that ran red light and struck another vehicle resulting in injuries to neck, back and shoulder
- $350,000 settlement for motorist who sustained injuries to neck, back and shoulder when tree fell on his vehicle
- $275,000 settlement for pedestrian who tripped and fell on raised sidewalk flag resulting in tri-malleolar fracture of ankle requiring open reduction and internal fixation
- $260,000 settlement for pedestrian who was thrown to the ground by unrestrained dog and sustained fracture to hip which required surgical pinning and fracture to spine
- $250,000 settlement for commuter who tripped and fell on defective step on staircase in Penn Station resulting in multiple shoulder tears requiring surgical intervention and fractured rib
- $240,000 settlement for pedestrian crossing street who was struck in crosswalk by turning bus resulting in crush injuries and fractures to her hand
- $225,000 settlement for bystander who was assaulted by police officers and detained without being arrested who sustained injuries to his face, hand and legs